Fallout Equestria: Journeys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A FoE Forum to be utilized with and support the functions of the standard DC system for use with the Second Life Group.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Diary of a Deadmare

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Diary of a Deadmare Empty Diary of a Deadmare Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:45 am

Captain

Captain
Admin

>STATUS CHECK...
>>PRImARY SYSTeMS...OFFLINE
>>SECONDaRY SYsTEMS...ONLINE
>CHECKING MEMORY...
>>ERROR. FILES CORRUPT.

WARNING! SYSTEMS FAILURE IMMINENT.

/EXECUTE_CONNECT: NECRO_NET DATABASE BACK_UP
>> CONNECTING...
>> ERROR! SERVER UNREACHABLE
/EXECUTE_CONNECT: LOCAL_SERVER BACK_UP
> CONNECTING...
>> SERVER PING SUCCESSFUL
>> ERROR! LOCAL SERVER DATA LOSS
CONNECT ANYWAY? <y/n>
/y
>>CONNECTING...
>> AWAITING INPUT.
/Access_Local Registry
//ACCESS LOCAL MEMORY\\
> REGISTRY FOUND...
>> ERROR! LOCAL_MEMORY CORRUPTED...
>> WOULD YOU LIKE TO RESET TO FACTORY STANDARD? <y/n>
/n
> REBOOTING FROM BACK_UP
>> ERROR! NO DATA FOUND.
/Bootfrom_Active
> ACTIVE DATABASE ONLINE...
>> WARNING! STACK OVERFLOW
>>CONTINUE ANYWAY? <y/n>
/y
CONNECTING...
===========================
NecroOS V.3
(C) 1024 [REDACTED]
] User ID:
] >> PP-013
] Model:
] >> Sweeper
] Rank:
] >> Gravelord
] Welcome user, CAPTAIN
] Enter password:
] >>**********
/EXECUTE Cache_Purge
>> PROCESSING...COMPLETE.

6/17/22XX

I've covered a fifty square miles. I still haven't found Suyi. I know that much space isn't much a stone throw in the grand span of the world and she could be anywhere on it, but I can't say it's easy when faced with the harrowing possibility, one I refuse to believe. She has to still be alive.

Survival has been easier for me, at least, given the high population of Raiders that nopony would particularly miss, so fuel hasn't been a problem. What has been, however, is the distant, scratching echoes of radio broadcasts from several locations in Rock Bottom. One of these Radio Personalities calls themselves 1-TR4K, and they proclaim themselves to be mind forward, aiming to create a utopia through technology. More power to him if he can manage that, but all I've encountered were a half dozen robots spouting his radio broadcasts, acting like radio extenders.

Anytime I've interacted with them, I was immediately hit with an attempt to hack into my systems. I put an end to that pretty quick, and now I know to keep my distance. Seems the tech savvy twat brings any robot that enters his region under his control. Which is fine, y'know, since most robots aren't sentient thinking beings. I enjoy my freedom, so I had to break a few of his toys. Maybe he'll learn to keep his robots clear of any region I'm in after a while. hey, at least the Crystal Core memory drive off this one robot was still good. I'll be trying to store some of my newer memories in it, and if that fails, hey, I can keep a journal, I guess...

I've got bigger things to worry about, anyway.

It is getting difficult, now more than ever, deciding what has to be forgotten. The fragmented slivers of my core memories from my past are vast, larger than any normal storage system could ever feasibly handle. I've been purging entire weeks of my Active Memory. I cherish most of my experiences, so the task has not been easy. A Deadmare's memory core was only designed to handle the memories of their life and any they might have after resurrection in a typically expected lifespan, add a few decades. The ponies that made us were clueless to how long we'd last, or, maybe they never intended us to always be active and awake. I remember every single moment in perfect clarity, no details ignored or overlooked. Even when compressed, the sheer amount of data that takes...

Do you know what I had to delete the other day? I had to delete my first kiss after waking up to this new existence. I only remember so much that I had to delete it, the specifics are lost. Who, when, how. All gone. Memories are the building blocks of who a person, as they are forged from the roads we walk and the paths we take.

I can't go back, not like this, especially not without Suyi.

Where we were defines us and where we go define us. But my road, behind me, is slowly eroding...

/Copy
>>Data Copied.
/transfer
>> Data Transferred to External Device...
/Delete
>> Local Data Deleted.
] Terminate Connection
] GOODBYE...

https://foejourneys.forumotion.com

2Diary of a Deadmare Empty Re: Diary of a Deadmare Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:07 am

Captain

Captain
Admin

>STATUS CHECK...
>>PRImARY SYSTeMS...OFFLINE
>>SECONDaRY SYsTEMS...ONLINE
>CHECKING MEMORY...
>>ERROR. FILES CORRUPT.

WARNING! SYSTEMS FAILURE IMMINENT.

/EXECUTE_CONNECT: NECRO_NET DATABASE BACK_UP
>> CONNECTING...
>> ERROR! SERVER UNREACHABLE
/EXECUTE_CONNECT: LOCAL_SERVER BACK_UP
> CONNECTING...
>> SERVER PING SUCCESSFUL
>> ERROR! LOCAL SERVER DATA LOSS
CONNECT ANYWAY? <y/n>
/y
>>CONNECTING...
>> AWAITING INPUT.
/Access_Local Registry
//ACCESS LOCAL MEMORY\\
> REGISTRY FOUND...
>> ERROR! LOCAL_MEMORY CORRUPTED...
>> WOULD YOU LIKE TO RESET TO FACTORY STANDARD? <y/n>
/n
> REBOOTING FROM BACK_UP
>> ERROR! NO DATA FOUND.
/Bootfrom_Active
> ACTIVE DATABASE ONLINE...
>> WARNING! STACK OVERFLOW
>>CONTINUE ANYWAY? <y/n>
/y
CONNECTING...
NecroOS V.3
(C) 1024 [REDACTED]
] User ID:
] >> PP-013
] Model:
] >> Sweeper
] Rank:
] >> Gravelord
] Welcome user, CAPTAIN
] Enter password:
] >>**********
/EXECUTE Cache_Purge
>> PROCESSING...COMPLETE.

6/24/2016

I saw 1-TR4K. Finally, face to...Screen? I was reluctant to go, but, I did anyway, he said he could help me. Well, he took his scans and not a few moments later, delivered some startling news. For lack of a better word, it's irreversible core damage. The actual crystal my Active Memory--Me is on is fractured into four pieces, and, there's no way to fix it. Couple that with the damage to my core files and there's just no way around it. I'm operating on borrowed time and 1-TR4K could do nothing for me.

So, I spent the next few days wondering how to tell everyone--how do I tell them I've got maybe a few weeks at best if they've expected me to be there forever? The only hope I have now is that Necro-Net's core back-up is online and I might be able to pop in a replacement core and burn my Active Memory into it and well, that require a soul rebinding and there's not enough left of me to create a connection. So, it'd be a long shot, such a long shot that there's almost no point in trying.

I guess, the only good thing that's come out of this is that I've had to speed up on my plans--We need to get Silver's new body prepared and get him bound to his new body. I want to finish that before my time's all spent. Hey, if there's a way to fix me while we're there? Even better.

I arranged a caravan to take us, Long Haul, seems our settlement members rescued him from a sticky situation and he wants to go trade at the local markets in Detrot. It's a massive city, if my memory is correct. Or, well, the copies of the memories of the pony that was actually there. There's no telling how accurate my maps will be, or, how much of Detrot is even livable. I know the Deadmare in the region should be free of Necro-Net, but, part of me wonders if the system truly is sleeping or if it's merely dormant.

If messing with the system is the only way to fix me, it's best to let it lay. I'd rather cease to exist than risk the city to the whims of the system that once enslaved those like me.

I just hope the others see it that way. That they take it well...

Update:
They did not take it well. Silver Lining cried, and Empyrean got upset with me. Luckless is convinced he cannot live without me. I can't stay, I could revert. I could endanger them all.

Nothing is ever simple. Or maybe, it is. I shouldn't just give up. For their sakes, I should take the chance--Consequences be damned.

/Copy
>>Data Copied.
/transfer
>> Data Transferred to External Device...
/Delete
>> Local Data Deleted.
] Terminate Connection
] GOODBYE...

https://foejourneys.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum